Fact: Great copy is key to a successful SaaS company.
But here’s another fact: Finding good copywriters is tough, and keeping them on staff is expensive. The average salary for a copywriter is $54,631 in the United States―the highest even reaches $73,087.
Not every SaaS can afford it. So what could be your solution? 🤔
Outsourcing to a SaaS copywriting agency is a smart move.
Unsure of this option?
You might want to read this article first. We're going to explain how outsourcing to a copywriting agency for SaaS can benefit your business.
Let's start with a quick intro.
What is a SaaS copywriting agency?
A SaaS copywriting agency is a team that contracts content and copywriting services to SaaS businesses. Its primary focus is helping its clients to attract or retain customers by creating high-quality, engaging content that drives conversions.
SaaS copywriting agencies have a team of experienced writers who are experts in creating compelling sales copy, blog posts, eBooks, white papers, and other types of content. Some agencies also provide strategic guidance on marketing topics such as lead generation, email marketing, and even social media marketing.
By working with a SaaS copywriting provider, SaaS businesses can take their content marketing efforts off their plate. Here’s an example of a SaaS copywriting agency.
What do you mean by outsourcing SaaS copywriting?
Outsourcing SaaS copywriting simply means hiring an external writer to create compelling copy for your product. When you outsource your SaaS copywriting to an agency, you're essentially hiring third-party writers to handle all or part of the writing process for you.
SaaS copywriting needs can include everything from the product description and website copy to the emails and blog posts. Outsourcing is a way for you to focus on other aspects of your business like administrative tasks. The biggest assurance is you know that the copy is top-notch.
How does outsourcing benefit your business?
If you're running a SaaS business, it's likely that you already understand the importance of copywriting. So if you’re a founder or marketer who doesn't have the time or expertise to write, it becomes a problem that will keep you awake at night.
Here’s where outsourcing to a SaaS copywriting agency comes in. Let us give you more benefits:
- You'll have access to a team of experienced and professional writers especially dedicated to your niche.
- They offer a range of services like web copywriting, SEO copywriting, and even social media copywriting.
- You'll save yourself a lot of time and energy that you can spend on stronger areas of your business.
- You can reduce having to hire and train in-house copywriters.
- You can take some of the pressure off of your internal team so they focus on other expertise.
- They typically offer very competitive pricing that makes them an affordable option for businesses on a tight budget.
So what should I do to find the right agency for my business?
Finding the best SaaS agency to handle your copywriting needs is key to successful content marketing. Here are a few ideas to help you find the right agency for the job:
#1 Take the time to first assess your needs
Be clear with this―What kind of copywriting do you need? Are you looking for website content, marketing materials, or something else entirely? Are you in the B2B or B2C space? Once you know what you need, you can start to narrow down your options.
#2 Go for an agency with experience in your industry
The more experience an agency has, the better equipped they'll be to understand your unique needs and requirements.
#3 Ask for references
A good SaaS agency will be more than happy to provide you with a list of their satisfied clients. Contacting references is a great way to get first-hand feedback about an agency's work.
While on the topic, check out a few of our [CaaSocio] happy clients. 😊
WineClubSite is a club management software that helps wine clubs keep up with their releases. That’s even letting members pick their favorites every release.
We revamped the website adding some sales pages. You can check their live website to see our work.
RedTrack.io is a conversion attribution tool that lets you track, manage, and optimize both ad and affiliate campaigns.
Their homepage already has a chat widget so when we optimized the chat message copy, engagement went up by 3x in just a week. And they all gave their names and emails resulting in a more meaningful conversation with the team.
Oneoffice is a time-tracking tool that doesn’t take screenshots unlike other tools out there. Instead, it takes selfies when employees clock in and out. You can also assign tasks, get end-of-day reports, and more.
We developed the messaging and positioning of the product resulting in an increase in free trial conversions, demo requests, and sign-ups.
Want to see more? Feel free to reach us if you like to check out some more samples of our work 🙃
Your tasks when outsourcing SaaS copywriting
Yes, outsourcing frees you from writing, but it doesn’t entirely take you out of the picture. There are a few things that you need to do when outsourcing copywriting.
- Be honest about your budget―how much are you willing to spend on copywriting services? From the beginning of your negotiation, state your allowance.
- Consider the tone and voice you want your finished product to have. Do you want something formal or informal?
- Prepare a content brief that will guide your writer throughout the writing process.
- Be prepared to provide feedback. The copywriting agency will need your input in order to create material that meets your needs and expectations. Be prepared to provide feedback throughout the process so that the final product is something you're happy with.
Tips for working with SaaS copywriting agencies
Are now you out to work with a SaaS copywriting agency? Here are a few tips that we recommend:
- Be clear about your goals and objectives. What are you hoping to achieve by working with a SaaS agency? Make sure you have a good understanding(and realistic) of your own needs before you start talking to potential agencies.
- Feel free to revise and edit. No copy is perfect on the first draft, so be prepared to work with the agency on revisions.
- Don't be afraid to ask questions. A good SaaS agency will be happy to answer any questions you have about their writing process.
- Don't forget to give credit where it's due. So the copywriting agency does a great job, be sure to let them know.
Too busy? Just outsource your copywriting!
Outsourcing your copywriting needs to a SaaS agency can be an extremely beneficial decision. So, if you’re a SaaS looking to outsource your copywriting, a SaaS copywriting agency is the way to go.
At our agency, we specialize in creating compelling website copy, email marketing content, and UX copies that help businesses achieve their marketing goals. If you’re interested in learning more about what we can do for you, please book a call with us today.