Here at CaaSocio, we often get asked about how we can ensure the quality of the copy/content that we submit to our clients.
How's that? Is it offensive? 😕
Because we understand that copy is one of the most important aspects of a successful SaaS. So it's understandable that many clients and founders ask about this.
Why not? 59% won't do business with a company that's spelling and grammar error-prone.
But don't worry, you can always partner with a SaaS copywriting agency like CaaSocio to ensure the quality of your content.
We work on:
And you’re not alone, by the way. 73% of large organizations also hire agencies to help with their content marketing efforts.
So in this post, we aim to answer your most pressing objection―how can you assure the quality of the copy/content for clients.
Curious about our answer? Find out now.
First, why choose to outsource to a SaaS copywriting agency?
Maybe it’s not always your first option to outsource to a copywriting agency. But here’s the thing, content marketing is time-consuming. So if you and your employees have too much on your plate to further add writing, it makes sense to just outsource the task.
Here are other reasons why:
- They're more affordable than an in-house team. Hiring an in-house copywriter can be expensive, especially if you need multiple writers. You can consider one writer as another employee with an average cost-per-hire (CPH) of $4,129. But since SaaS agencies work with multiple clients, they're able to offer competitive pricing.
- They're experts at what they do. Most agencies have a wide range of talents that can accommodate your specific need. You'll have access to the right expertise to get the job done right.
- They deliver work faster. That’s because they’ve worked with several clients and they have developed systems, a dedicated team, and proven processes.
- They use the latest writing tools and technologies. That means they can deliver your content faster and more efficiently. And you don’t have to pay for them separately. They’re usually included in their pricing.
So if you're sold on outsourcing your copy/content, the question is…
How can you assure the quality of the copy/content?
Okay, you know that whatever industry you’re in, the quality of your copy can make or break your business. Yet, it’s especially true for SaaS companies where copies can only do the talk (before talking to a sales rep of course!).
So if they’re not well-written, potential customers are unlikely to stick around. As a business owner contracting with a SaaS agency, here’s what you can do.
- First, you can check out their website and social media presence. If their own content is sloppy and poorly written, that's a red flag.
To be honest, CaaSocio’s website is one of our best assets that help us get quality leads.
- Second, ask for samples of their previous work. A good agency should be happy to provide them.
So, here’s the fun part. Let us share with you how we [CaaSocio] guarantee the high quality of the copy/content for our clients?
1. Applying the basics of copywriting though you’re creating a content
Recently, we shared in a blog post that for us, good content writers are copywriters. While you don't need to be a copywriting expert to produce quality content, knowing the basics of copywriting will help you create content that is more engaging and effective.
Here are basic SaaS copywriting tips to keep in mind:
#Keep it simple: The best copy is clear and concise. Avoid using jargon or unnecessarily complicated language.
#Influence your readers: Whether your goal is to persuade or inform, you always aim for them to take action. That may be clicking on a link (CTA), making a purchase, or sharing your content with others.
2. Always and always asking for a content brief
Creating a high-quality copy doesn't have to be a guessing game. The best way to ensure that is to always start with a content brief.
They usually include the following:
- outline of goals for the project
- the target audience and their brief description
- the tone and voice of the piece
- overall direction of the content
By having this information up front, you'll have a clear understanding of what you're supposed to create. More importantly, a content brief can help to avoid misunderstandings and miscommunication with your clients later on.
3. Letting the copyeditors review your work
Typically, we provide a lot of content and if our copy chief, Aiza, reviews them alone, that’s very inefficient. She may end up burnt out after the 3rd article when there are 8 more waiting to be reviewed. It’ll be a bottleneck for on-time delivery.
That's why it's important to have someone who can review your work and make sure it meets your standards―the copyeditors. They’re experts at catching errors and making sure the content is well-written.
Let us share some of our output 😄
Writing samples we created for SaaS clients
Our goal is always to create copies that are clear, concise, and engaging. And, of course, we always aim to meet or exceed the expectations of our clients.
Here are some examples of the copies we've created for our clients.
- Website copy for WineClubSite
- In-app copy for RedTrack.io. Here’s why SaaS businesses need in-app messaging.
- Long-form SaaS blogs for Encharge like What Is Revenue Marketing? Explaining the Science of Sales-Driven Marketing
We've written everything from web copy to email campaigns. But no matter what the project, we always start by getting to know the client and their business. We then do extensive research on the topic before writing a single word. Once we have a draft, we work with the client to make sure it's just right before finalizing anything.
Here’s our process shared on our website:
Finally, we share tips for creating quality content
Here are a few simple tricks you can follow to make sure you're creating quality content that your clients will love.
Support your claims with evidence
Whether you're making an argument or simply stating a fact, be sure to back it up with data or other sources. Not only will this make your writing more credible, but it will also give your clients the peace of mind that they're getting quality information.
We do it like this:
Give yourself enough time to complete the deliverable
I’m sure you agree that quality takes time. So if you want to produce quality work that your clients will be happy with, you need to give yourself enough time to complete the project properly.
That may mean taking the time to brainstorm ideas, do your research, write multiple drafts, and get feedback from editors. It might take a little longer, but the extra effort will be worth it in the end.
Here’s how we usually communicate with our clients using Trello.
Inject unique angles to keep it fresh
In creating good content for clients, injecting unique angles is key to keeping things lively and interesting. Finding new ways to approach familiar topics is your weapon in a web loaded with thousands of content.
Try these ideas 😉
- Try approaching topics from the customer's point of view. This can help to add a new dimension to your content and make it more relatable.
- Keep your content current and relevant. This means regularly revisiting topics and adding new information as needed.
- Make use of visuals. People are visual creatures, so incorporating visuals into your content can help make it more engaging and memorable. Adding photos, infographics, or even videos can help break up the text and make your content more enjoyable to consume.
We only offer quality copy and content
So, how can we be sure of the quality of our copy and content?
We're gonna say this straight:
Firstly, our team of writers is composed of experts in their respective fields. Like you, quality is important to us that’s why we strive to only deliver copy and content that’s of top-notch quality―well written, accurate, and engaging.
We assign a dedicated writer for you, an internal editor (aside from the Copy Chief), and help from tools like Grammarly and Hemingway App. Much like your own small but complete writing team―that's if you hire us 😉.
To ensure satisfied clients, we're always happy to revise and edit our work capped at 2 revs. We're always willing to make changes, if necessary.
So if you're looking for help creating quality copy and content, we would be more than happy to chat with you about our services. Book a call with us today and let's discuss how we can help you take your content to the next level.