I'm sure you've heard that AI is taking over the world. By AI, we mean artificial intelligence―the technology that lets machines do things humans used to do. If anything, there are more AI tools out there.
The market for artificial intelligence software is expected to reach around 126 billion U.S. dollars by 2025. And AI copywriting SaaS is one of the services.
Hey marketers, are you getting scared because it claims to automate the process of writing copy? So worried that you're going to be replaced?
If that’s really the future of content writing, should we believe that they will soon make human writers out of work? Or is there more to the story?
Not too fast. Read on to find out.
What is an AI Copywriting SaaS?
Put simply, an AI copywriting SaaS is software that uses artificial intelligence to help write copy. Programmed to write like a human copywriter, it considers all the factors that make up an effective copy. That’s the brand voice, target audience, and relevant keywords.
The software analyzes the data input and writes copy based on what it learns. What typically happens is that it’ll use algorithms to generate multiple versions of the copy for you. And then you pick what works best for you.
This includes anything from product descriptions, web copy, social media captions to email marketing campaigns.
But, let me say this again: they’re MACHINES. So they’re not limitless. Here are some reasons to take note.
- AI copywriting SaaS is not a complete replicate of the human brain. There are certain concepts that it doesn't comprehend or provide context for.
- It is also subject to errors and biases.
- While the AI copywriting tool can learn from your data input, it doesn’t guarantee to generate original content.
- It can't come up with new ideas but only work with what it's given.
- AI can't understand emotion. So it can't make an emotional appeal in the first place.
What do these limitations tell us?
That this SaaS can be useful, but it won't replace a human copywriter.
So how can copywriters benefit from them then?
There are reasons why an AI SaaS is here. And that’s because it can be beneficial. Here are some instances.
- If you experience writer's block or blank page syndrome when you just don’t know where to start, a copywriting SaaS can be a lifesaver.
- If you have to write a lot of content, an AI copywriter could help you save time.
- It can sometimes generate more consistent results. This means content that is more in line with the needed voice and style.
- It creates more targeted content. An AI copywriter can help you create content that resonates with your target audience (based on your input of course!😁)
What kind of content can an AI copywriting Saas make?
There are a number of different types of content that an AI copywriting software can generate. For example, it can create product descriptions, website content, blog posts, and even social media posts.
From what we often use, Jasper, here are what it can give:
- Blog parts (outline, intro, conclusion)
- Email headlines
- Video titles
- Video scripts
- Quora answers
- Product descriptions from frameworks PAS(problem-agitate-solution) and AIDA(attention-interest-desire-action).
And a lot more! It’s just a matter of “What do you need?” for copywriters.
How do we use an AI Copywriting SaaS in CaaSocio?
As mentioned, this software can create content for different categories. To be on the same page, let’s use content writing like long-form SaaS blogs for reference.
- Here’s a common problem―creating an attention-grabber headline. It's just hard to know what will work and what won't.
Sometimes it's better to use an email subject line generator where you can specify what the copy is all about.
- When creating the blog intro. Writers in general, struggle from time to time coming up with catchy introductions. As a reference, we use Jasper’s template for Blog Post Intro Paragraph, PAS, and AIDA template. It will be a mix and match of the ideas that it generated.
- For the body, Grammarly corrects basic grammar errors and punctuation.
Also, several Jasper features come to the rescue like Content Improver, Paragraph Generator, and Explain to a Child. And when I'm not so thrilled with a sentence, Wordtune helps me rewrite it.
4. For the conclusion, I typically use Jasper’s built-in template where I just need to input the target CTA.
PS. When we need to tweak our own older posts or when a client requests that we optimize their existing posts, we get a little help from a tool called SurferSEO.
Some tools for AI copywriting we tried and recommend
It’s not a secret, that we use AI software to assist us to write better copy. It helps us come up with new ideas to write more efficiently.
So we’re recommending the following SaaS. It’s tried and tested by our writers. 😊
Formerly known as Jarvis, Jasper is an AI writing assistant that promises you will write high-quality content up to 5X faster. The templates Jasper provides can even simplify very complex ideas and topics.
Wordtune is a writing assistant that helps you write clearly, compellingly, and more understandable. If you typed a sentence and it’s more likely to be vague, this tool will rephrase it. It suggests sentences with the same core thought but corrected in a way that everyone can understand clearly.
Grammarly is a great tool for clean, clear writing. It ensures you have error-free content by checking grammatical formats and correcting spelling. The result is a great sentence that doesn’t contain any errors that I inevitably make while typing.
Copy.ai is an AI-powered copywriting platform for creating quality copy in half the time. It’s an easy-to-use tool that only takes 3 steps to get the copy that sounds natural: Select the type of copy you need, short description of your product, and finally get the results (and edit as needed).
Free AI-powered Email Subject Line Generator by Encharge
This free email subject line generator powered by Encharge is based on the GPT-3 technology. Meaning it uses human-like word formulations to produce a good copy. Although it’s advertised for email marketing, you can use it to get fresh ideas for headlines such as for blog articles and social media posts.
SurferSEO bundles content strategy, creation, and optimization under one roof. Its process is simple―it analyzes your website and tells you how to improve your search engine rankings. So you got it, figuring out what content to create first will be easy.
AI copywriting tool just helps, not replaces
So, is the AI copywriting SaaS really taking over copywriters?
Yes, but no worries. We’re not saying bye-bye to real writers. There will always be a need for human copywriters. They're just tools to let us [writers] produce content faster, but it's always us who should polish, tweak and check it at the end of the day.
If you need help in creating content for your website, it might be worth considering this tool. But if you have no extra time to do it yourself, we’re here to help. Our SaaS copywriting agency has a pool of writers (human 😅) who can create the content for you.
Get in touch with us today. Book a call and let’s chat.