Don't know if you're like me— skeptical about buying software I've never used before.
I mean, it's hard to tell whether the software is a good fit for me. And it’s even more uneasy to trust that it’ll work as promised.
Then, I saw this by chance:
I agree with him and it looks like most people do too.
👉 85% of visitors like landing pages with video content
👉 And so 97% of marketers believe videos help users understand brands better.
So including a SaaS product demo video on your landing page is smart marketing?
Let’s talk about this idea in this article, so let’s get started.
Why do SaaS websites have landing pages?
Truth is, SaaS businesses (or any other business actually) rely heavily on landing pages to generate leads and convert visitors into paying customers.
👉 In both organic and Google Maps search results, 48% of top landing pages got visibility
But then why are they so important? Here are a few reasons:
- Landing pages are a quick way to showcase the features and benefits of your product— in a neat and easy-to-digest way.
- They give you the opportunity to include a compelling call-to-action that are more encouraging visitors to sign up for your free trial or demo.
- They’re highly targeted. This means that they're designed specifically to appeal to the type of customer you're trying to attract.
- They can educate visitors since landing pages typically include information about what the product or service is, how it works, and why it is worth using.
So, should you put a SaaS product demo video on a landing page?
Here’s my fearless thought—if a picture is worth a thousand words so a video must be worth even more.
While others may consider a product demo video to be a little more than a distraction, those with complex SaaS products may find it the perfect way to show the product in action and thus inspire confidence in potential customers.
CaaSocio Lead Website Copywriter recommends placing it in the “how it works” section or even including a secondary CTA like “watch how it works”.
Here are five other reasons why you should consider adding a product demo video to your SaaS landing page:
- A video is an engaging and visually appealing way to present information.
- A video can convey a lot of information in a short amount of time.
- A video can be helpful for prospects who prefer to learn about products through visuals rather than text.
- A video can be used to supplement other elements on your landing pages, such as text and images.
- A video can help to build trust with potential customers by showing them that you are an authority on your product.
By the way, eggcrate lets you speed up the growth of your SaaS with premium videos. And when we say premium, it’s videos featuring real actors, not animated videos that look the same.
Look at their work here (by the way, it garnered more than a million views) for Hotjar 👉Your website looks amazing, but why are sales so low?
If you do decide to include a demo video on your landing page, one important factor is the length. In general, shorter is better—aim for two minutes or less. Any longer than that, and you run the risk of losing people’s attention. But some take the risk and the result was remarkable!
Why under two minutes?
What you need to remember is that most people who land on your page are there because they’re looking for quick answers to their questions. Not because they want to sit through a prolonged sales pitch. So, if you do choose to include a video, make sure it’s concise and to the point.
Examples of SaaS product demo videos
What makes a good SaaS demo video?
So yes, a good SaaS demo video can be a valuable marketing tool. Indeed, it's a great way to show potential customers what your product can do and how it can benefit them.
But what exactly makes a good SaaS demo video?
Here are a few key elements to keep in mind:
- A good SaaS demo video should be clear, easy to understand, and showcases the product in an engaging way. It's important to avoid overwhelming viewers with too much information or using jargon that might not be familiar to them.
- The video should emphasize benefits rather than features. It should also focus on one use case at a time. So if we’re talking about a multi-functional SaaS, then there should be a demo video for each target audience segment.
- The video should also be visually appealing, with graphics that help to illustrate the points being made. But not too fast on deciding to make animated videos.
There are solid reasons why you should instead choose live-action videos. Here’s what eggcrate has to say:
“Humans are wired to connect. If you want people to pay attention, let’s engage with them at an emotional level first and speak to them the same way a trusted friend would.
Animated motion graphics don’t have that power — Real people do.”
- A good SaaS product demo video can encourage viewers to learn more about the product. That’s why it's essential to include a call to action button.
- A good video is hosted on a reliable platform like YouTube or Vimeo—there’s nothing worse than clicking on a video only to have it freeze up or buffer endlessly.
- The audio quality of your video is just as important as the visuals, so make sure to include a video that captured your voice clearly.
8 types of SaaS videos
There are a number of different types of SaaS videos that can be helpful for your business. Here are 8 of our favorites:
Product introduction video
These videos provide a comprehensive overview of what the SaaS product does, its key features, and why it's the perfect solution for your customers' needs. The purpose is to introduce the product to potential customers, and pique their interest so they'll be interested to learn more.
Product demo video
This SaaS video allows customers to see the product in action and understand how it can be used to solve their specific problem. It usually includes a narrator explaining the features and benefits of the product, as well as some on-screen text to highlight key points.
These videos are a great way to provide information about using your product or service and can help increase customer satisfaction and loyalty. They sometimes work similarly to a demo video.
Customer testimonials video
Yes, customer testimonials can be in video formats too and they’re an excellent way to build trust and credibility with potential customers. They can also help boost conversion rates.
Company Culture Videos
Company culture can help attract top talent, and can also be used to improve customer satisfaction and loyalty. And the best way to showcase your company culture is through a video.
Explainer videos are a great way to provide information about complex topics in a concise and easy-to-understand format. These media can help customers to understand your SaaS fast.
This type of video tells the story of your company and aims to establish a connection with potential customers. They highlight a company's values and mission while showing how a product fits into that story.
Onboarding videos are similar to training videos, but they focus specifically on helping new users get started with the software. They might include information on setting up accounts, inputting data, and accessing support resources.
Obviously, our long discussion was biased to a yes. But the actual answer we’ll give is— the ever vague— it depends. Even SaaS product demo videos are more engaging than texts, easier to build trust, and help explain complex concepts, you should know this.
👉 Adding a video to your landing page will likely increase your expenses and the amount of time it takes to launch your page.
If that’s a deal breaker to your situation right now, don’t worry—you’ll get away without a demo video on your landing page. We have an article about the best landing page copywriting tips.
Don't have time? CaaSocio can help.
We’re experts in crafting effective landing pages, and we know how to write website copies that will make your visitors want to sign up for your product.