Do you find it tedious to send 1000 emails a day MANUALLY?
You enter the recipient’s address, copy and paste in your subject line and body, type in their first name to make it look personalized, hit send, and repeat 999x.
And just thinking about it already makes you feel exhausted.
Or maybe you’re thinking: “I don’t use email marketing, so why should I care?”
Here's a fact: In 2020, approximately 306 billion emails were sent and received daily. And by 2025, that number will climb to over 376 billion.
What does that mean?
Do more people communicate through emails? Or do more businesses now promote and engage via email? The latter sounds more realistic.
Wouldn’t you just love it if you could send those 1000 emails automatically?
Lucky for you, those are what email marketing tools are for.
And if you know what you need but don’t know what will give you your desired solution:
We can help.
But before we give you our top 10 picks of email marketing tools, let us give you a quick overview of the basics:
What is SaaS email marketing?
This refers to promoting your SaaS businesses through email. By giving your users value, you nurture them. And that nurturing converts them into paying customers.
Also, when you engage your audience, they become more familiar with your brand.
Remember the stages of product awareness?
When they know your brand, your emails could move them easier at every stage of their customer journey.
Why is email marketing important for SaaS?
It’s a powerful technique because it helps you:
- Nurture subscribers from your newsletter
- Collect data and get insights from users who signed up
- Increase the conversion rate of prospects to customers
Providing a freemium version is a good option to attract potential users. But a strong SaaS email marketing strategy is likely to be your best bet to reach outliers from trial users.
You can develop retention strategies to reduce churn, increase conversions, and improve conversion rates with targeted messages.
But wait, how do you set it up?
Common Email Set up for SaaS
Yes, there is a common setup for using email marketing tools in SaaS. Because not all of them are created equally - some have capabilities that others don’t ― the primary drive is to increase efficiency and save on costs.
As you can see, it’s sometimes better to simply use 2 platforms.
One for creating email sequences, and another for email blasts to achieve efficiency. Plus the total cost can also be cheaper vs high-end platforms.
That’s why in this post, we divided them into two ― tools for creating email sequences and tools for sending email blasts.
Without further ado, here are our 10 best tools for email marketing your SaaS.
6 best tools for creating email sequences
Intercom is not just an Email Marketing Software but is a Conversational Relationship Platform (CRP). It delivers personalized messages using different channels.
The Series feature is a powerful marketing tool for email sending automation. And the visual campaign builder is very intuitive and flexible. Not to mention it’s actually fun to implement.
- Series for creating email automation
- Account-based Marketing capability
- Supports drip Campaigns
Capterra Score: 4.5/5
Price Range: Calculated based on the number of seats that will give teammates access to different tools and the number of unique people reached
- Handles both inbound and outbound messages
- Marketing teams can see how users are engaging with their messages
- Shared inbox to work on together.
- Pricing varies and may sometimes be expensive
2. HubSpot Marketing Hub
Support-wise, Hubspot is at an advantage.
They have knowledge base articles for your reference. If those aren’t enough, you can talk to their hands-on and responsive support team. And, once you start using its friendly platform, you’ll see that it’s as easy to manage as it is powerful.
- Email tracking software for monitoring delivery
- Templates builder to help you get started
- Meeting scheduler based on the captured data of the platform
Capterra Score: 4.5/5
Price Range: Starts at $50/mo billed monthly
- All-in-one platform that groups from traditional email marketing to inbound automation
- Comes with analytics to help improve customer service
- Has superior support and is easy to use
- Limited email font selection
Sendinblue is a highly customizable email marketing tool.
Talk about a clean interface? If there are items you don’t like around, you are free to unplug them. This makes it a simple and easy tool for sending multiple emails with perfect automation features.
- Click map reports on customer interaction with emails
- Beautifully designed emails starters inside its email template library
- CRM to manage your customer relationships
Capterra Score: 4.5/5
Price Range- Starts at $25/month; Offers a free version
- Send bulk email messages to your subscribers and customers
- Messages are all centralized in one mailbox
- Sends 300 free email campaigns a day.
- Supports only a small number of integrations
How easy is ActiveCampaign to use? You can actually set everything up without hiring a team of specialists.
. The software’s automation system is powerful yet remains fairly straightforward. It has the right balance of functionality without the overwhelming complexity
- Machine learning that reads and interprets your data
- Email extensions for Chrome and Outlook
- ActiveCampaign mobile app that lets you manage your business from your phone
Capterra Score: 4.6/5
Price Range: Starts at $7.50/month; Offers a 14-day free trial
- Ease of use of building out emails
- Integrates with a wide range of applications
- Reliable support team
- Inability to make smooth bulk changes
MailerLite is perfect for small businesses — especially if you don’t have an extremely large mailing list.
It has a generous free subscription plan. There is no limit to the number of users of your account. And if you’re totally new to email marketing platforms, it has plenty of free videos and written tutorials for learning how to use its features.
- Set up marketing automation workflows
- Drag & drop email editor to create your brand emails
- Campaign reports to track every email metric
Capterra Score- 4.6/5
Price Range- Starts at $10/month; Offers 14-day free trial
- Simple and easy to use interface
- Comes with a free trial for its premium features
- Number of native integrations available
- Cannot pre-set branding colors
Customer.io is ideal for tech-savvy marketers. Yet it’s easy to use interface that speaks to everyone. It doesn't take that long to understand the tool because the actions are simple enough to follow, and the results are easy to analyze.
- Direct Integration with API to send/receive real-time customer data
- Rules-based visual workflow builder
- Comprehensive Analysis Reports
Capterra Score- 4.6/5
Price Range- Starts at $150/ month; Offers 14-day free trial
- Robust marketing automation
- Easy to configure
- Responsive support team
- Limited language support
4 best tools for sending email blasts
If you would like to have some creative freedom, Mailchimp is the email marketing platform for you.
You can create an email based on your preferences and set it as a template so you maintain consistency in your emails. It is also simple to use, making it a perfect option for starters.
- Sign up form options to convert visitors into subscribers
- Pre-built customer journeys to help you visualize customers as they go through the sales process
- A/B testing to experiment campaigns up to 3 variations
Capterra Score- 4.5/5
Price Range- Starts at $9.99/ month; Offers a free version
- Has all the necessary features for basic setup
- Monitoring features for emails sent
- Free trial available for beginners
- Pricing models can sometimes seem confusing
Are you sending about 5,000 emails every month? SendGrid can help you with that. ending large volumes of data is a breeze. Their email deliverability and server uptime are optimum. And if you’re on the techy side of coding, you will surely enjoy its flexibility.
- Automation for personalized email marketing
- Drag & drop tools and/or HTML for email designs
- Library of email templates to give you a head start
Capterra Score- 4.2/5
Price Range- Starts at $15/ month; Offers a free version
- API allowing for easy integration into any system you build
- Monitoring dashboard to understand customer activities
- Sends email alerts to the users
- More suitable for those with coding experience
Mailgun lets you send mass emails fast. You’ll be done in minutes even when you’re sending out 10,000 messages.
It is reliable software and you can check the bounce log for insights on deliverability. Overall, its email analytics and reports are also good. They allow you to understand how people engage with your emails, which can help you find out what you should keep doing and what you need to improve.
- API integration that lets you send a large volume of emails quickly
- Analytics to view your email’s performance
- Address validation to determine non-existent recipients
Capterra Score- 4.4/5
Price Range- Starts at $35/ month; Offers a free version
- Email deliverability is on point
- Easy to set up
- Intuitive log and web dashboard
- Delivery reports are saved for only 30 days
10. Amazon SES
AWS or Amazon SES is one of the most cost-effective email marketing platforms. Its pay-as-you-go feature lets you send or receive emails without upfront or recurring costs. You’ll only be charged for the features that you’ll be using.
- Flexible sender configuration options
- Reputation dashboard to track delivery of your emails
- Mailbox simulator to test how your arrangement responds
Capterra Score- 4.7/5
Price Range- Starts at $0.10 for every 1,000 emails; Offers free usage within their (Amazon SES) restrictions
- Simple layout design
- APIs are well documented, and SDKs are available for the most popular languages
- Cheap way to send thousands of emails every month
- Requires technical knowledge to configure
Choosing The Email Marketing Software for Your SaaS
With so many email marketing software options out there, it can be hard to know which one is right for your business.
If you’ve got a SaaS product or service and are looking for an easier way to communicate with your customers, this blog post can help you make that decision.
One thing is common to all platforms ― they will make your email marketing efforts easier.
You can choose from the ones that can send email sequences if that’s what you would like to accomplish. Or if you need to send email blasts, you can opt for the ones on that list. In either case, you simply need to make sure that you know the tool’s core features.
Whether you're looking to outsource your copywriting or implementing or existing strategy, we can help you.
Main image source: vecteezy.com